Saturday, January 29, 2011

Oh, How I Hate International Mail

I know I'm just being impatient and all, but after waiting 15 or so days, I'm definitely tapping my foot wondering when the hell my bloody minis are getting here! I won't order any other miniatures until my army gets here, for obvious reasons, so I've been contenting myself with ordering books. I've gotten five Osprey books, the Black Powder rules, and I just ordered from Amazon NAPOLEON: Napoleonic Rules and Campaigns for Gaming with Painted Miniatures.

I probably didn't need to type the entire title but it's more words and makes the post look more... important. But back to the books. I've picked up Wellingtons Peninsular Army, Wellington's Infantry 1 and 2 from the Men-at-Arms series, Wellington's Army in the Peninsula 1809-14 from Battle Orders and British Redcoat 1793-1815 from the Warrior Series. There is a lot of redundancy in each book but each book has some unique tidbits of information and all show the uniforms of different regiments.

The Black Powder rulebook on the other hand was pretty cool. It's honestly really, really, really generic and unspecific. It looks interesting and offers a lot of good ideas and information but I'm not really sure I like it as a rule set. Hence why I ordered the Napoleon rules. I'm definitely going to be trying a game with the Black Powder rules, buuuut once again, I'm not a big fan of those types of rules. I like having a lot of specific rules or information laid out easily at my fingertips. But, we'll see when my redcoats finally bloody get here!

No comments:

Post a Comment